Baked apple protein oats Not quite porridge and not quite a cake bar – this baked oats recipe is an alternate gluten free breakfast idea with an added protein powder kick. Mix it up with different berries and a swirl or two of peanut butter. …
Tag: high protein meals
Vegetarian protein omelette with avocado
A super low-carb, high-protein recipe that you can throw together in 20 minutes. Versatile as a brunch, post-training meal or quick dinner, this dish is a handy one to know.
PREP TIME 5 MINS
COOK TIME 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME 20 MINS
My style of cooking is generally along the lines of ‘what random ingredients can I throw together to make something edible in the quickest time possible’…
True to form, this is one such recipe, and is so versatile that you could have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
These last few weeks I’ve really been trying to eat cleaner and get in as much protein while not going too crazy with the carbs alongside my weight training.
With two different types of protein, this recipe is really great if you have similar macro goals.
If you wanted, you could substitute the Quorn pieces for something else – I’ve made similar meals before with smoked salmon or leftover bits of roast chicken, which are both reasonably lean protein sources.
I was also pretty generous with the turmeric and black pepper, as the two work in combination to give your metabolism and immune system a boost (and it also makes a pretty yellow colour, which I’m definitely all for).
Vegetarian Protein Omelette with Avocado
- Frying pan
- 100 g Quorn Pieces (GF)
- 1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce e.g. Yutaka
- 50 g (1 medium-small) new potato, boiled
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Black pepper, to taste
- Using a non-stick frying pan, cook the Quorn pieces for 5 minutes on a high heat, stirring regularly. (I prefer to dry fry to avoid too much extra fat, but you can use oil if preferred).
- Turn down the heat slightly and add the soy sauce and potato slices, then cook for a further 10 minutes, adding a little water if necessary
- Add the black pepper and turmeric to the bowl of beaten egg
- Tip the eggs into the pan and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes until scrambled
- Serve with the avocado, adding salt to taste